Mike Mongo's popular web presence and weblog... GET READY. GET STEADY. GO!... How To Rockstar: grocerylists.org

26 January 2006

grocerylists.org

cindys_last_list_011506-733330
Once again, our own Nick Iverson comes up with a winner.

How can a site about grocery lists possibly be interesting, useful, morbid, stange, and delightful all at the same time. Read on.

Usually, our grocery lists are very ephemeral, very unimportant. Much like the one right here that Cindy Stewart from Boise, Idaho made, probably sometime in early March 1985. Anyway, this is the email I got, with permission to post it here:

Hi,

This is the last list my sister made before she was killed on March 15, 1985. Since her birthday is tomorrow (Jan 15, 1959) I thought I'd send it in. She was the victim of a jealous lover. She was a wonderful person, though -- a big partier, very social -- happy.

I think the list was in the ashtray of her car, which is why it was all wadded up.

I don't know why I saved it. I guess I just didn't want to let any of her go.

Teresa


(Yes, that the list up above.)

It's grocerylists.org, and it is positively wacky.

Link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home